To increase the quality of search results for users, Google have launched a new algorithm for doorway pages. SEO Agency Singapore warned that this change will affect your websites using “doorway pages” and how to rank in Google results.
Related news: WHAT SHOULD YOU DO WHEN YOUR WEBSITE TRAFFIC DECREASES?
Related news: WHY DO YOU NEED THE BEST SEO AGENCY SERVICES?
“To improve the quality of search results for our users, we’ll soon launch a ranking adjustment to better address these types of pages”. Google admitted that this change will have a strong impact on sites with large doorway plans and impact these pages trying to increase their search footprint.
This article will give you a clear definition of what is a “doorway page”. According to the guidelines of Google, they said that:
“Doorways are sites or pages created to rank highly for specific search queries. They are bad for users because they can lead to multiple similar pages in user search results, where each result ends up taking the user to essentially the same destination. They can also lead users to intermediate pages that are not as useful as the final destination.
Here are some examples of doorways:
• Having multiple domain names or pages targeted at specific regions or cities that funnel users to one page
• Pages generated to funnel visitors into the actual usable or relevant portion of your site(s)
• Substantially similar pages that are closer to search results than a clearly defined, browseable hierarchy”
Some people predicted that this change will help SEOs maximize their search footprint for ranking purposes and detract from a user’s search experience.”
Google said asked yourself these questions to identify if your web pages are “doorway page”:
• Is the purpose to optimize for search engines and funnel visitors into the actual usable or relevant portion of your site, or are they an integral part of your site’s user experience?
• Are the pages intended to rank on generic terms yet the content presented on the page is very specific?
• Do the pages duplicate useful aggregations of items (locations, products, etc.) that already exist on the site for the purpose of capturing more search traffic?
• Are these pages made solely for drawing affiliate traffic and sending users along without creating unique value in content or functionality?
• Do these pages exist as an “island”? Are they difficult or impossible to navigate to from other parts of your site? Are links to such pages from other pages within the site or network of sites created just for search engines?
Do you have any plan to adjust your SEO strategy? How do you face the challenges of SEO when Google always change algorithm? It is good way to prepare a competitive SEO campaign. With a professional team, SEO agency Singapore ensures that you will achieve your SEO goal quickly with affordable price. If you have any concern, feel free to contact us.
Related news: 5 MOBILE TIPS TO RANK HIGHER IN SEARCH RESULT
Related news: TOP 10 TIPS TO PREPARE FOR SEO WAR IN 2015 ( PART 1)
Related news: TOP 10 TIPS TO PREPARE FOR SEO WAR IN 2015 ( PART 2)
Source: Retrieved from various reliable SEO websites